Aspire for an Eco Friendly Workplace
April 9, 2013
As professionals we are always committed in bringing out our best at work. Why not be professional with mother earth as well and make our work environment Eco Friendly?
Each of us can contribute little things everyday to improve our environment, and together we can make a difference.
By following these simple tips, we can reduce our carbon foot print and save energy in the workplace.
- Unplug your PC monitor and your CPU whenever applicable.
- Turn-off and unplug your monitor even on short office breaks. When just leaving your desk for quick conversation with your colleagues, at least turn-off the monitor screen.
- Don’t leave laptop adapters, mobile phone chargers and other devices plugged into the outlet. This will not only save energy, but also maximize battery life and efficiency by allowing the batteries to go through charging and discharging cycle.
- Turn off the lights and air conditioning if you are the last person leaving a meeting or conference room. You can also turn-off lights on lunch breaks. This will not only save energy, but also a good way to rest our eyes.
- Maintain air condition temperature settings. This lessen stress on the air conditioners and makes them work more efficiently.
- Turn off the air conditioning when everyone is out for their lunch break.
- Take advantage of natural lighting. Keep blinds open and turn off lights when there is sufficient daylight.
Let’s make things right for mother earth. Contribute for an Eco Friendly environment.
Share your thoughts and your own practice for an Eco Friendly workplace.
Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin